HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Tuesday and Friday :10am-3pm
020 8698 3672
Josepha Flahive [secretary]
Lisa O’Hara [volunteer]
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Angela Allen]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday.
Sunday 11th October 2020 : 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time
You can find the Readings from here
URGENT: COVID-19 Update->ALL PARISH ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED BUT THE CHURCH IS OPEN NOW FOR PUBLIC MASS AND BAPTISM.
You should find all the official documents and decisions regarding the effect of the pandemic COVID-19 on the parish activities.Please do visit this page regurlarly to keep yourself updated.The latest document is Guidelines - Reopening of Churches for the Celebration of Holy Mass
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC
- To access online the mass of the day, visit our Livestreaming webpage:
- Please note: the parish office is open on Tuesdays and Fridays from 10am to 3pm.
- Opening of the Church to the public for the Celebration of Holy Mass
ONLY UNTIL THE END OF COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
- The obligation to participate in Sunday Mass remains suspended.
- Where possible, please try to attend a weekday Mass to ensure Sunday attendance remains manageable.
- Entry into Mass will be on a first come first served basis, and where the maximum number is met, those awaiting entry shall be asked to kindly attend an alternative Mass.
- The one-meter distance rule applies and all parishioners (excluding very young children) are required to wear a face mask and to sanitise their hands.
- Please support your Welcome Minister in their role of keeping you safe.
- Do come 10 minutes before the mass
- Do avoid kneeling
- Do avoid touching statues
- Do receive the holy communion only on hands
- Do avoid receiving the holy communion on hands with gloves
- Do prayerfully leave the church immediately after the holy communion
- acebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rcchurchcatford/
- Instgram page: https://www.instagram.com/holycrosscatford/
- Offertory Collection last weekend: £125.88 – Thank you. Kindly note that on 10th/11th October, there will be a second collection to support Home Missions, Day for Life and World Communications, and on 17th/18th October, the second collection will be for Missio.
Please take the Newsletter home with you - please do not leave your copy in the church. Thank you.NEW
- Sacrament of Confirmation 2020: Following further isolation restrictions another final session on Monday 12th October – the session will start immediately after the 6.30pm Mass. If you have not been able to attend any of the other final sessions offered, please make sure you attend. The Sacrament of Confirmation will be held on Tuesday 13th, Wednesday 14th and Friday 16th October at 6.30pm. Please remember the candidates and their families in your prayers on this special occasion in their lives.
- Meet Fr Antony without an appointment this week: Monday from 9am to 9.30am & 6.00pm to 6.30pm and Friday from 5.30pm to 6.00pm. Parents must come with their children/candidates. The church will be open for you and you will meet Fr Antony in the sacristy. Please come and occupy the first benches.
- Diamond Club of Holy Cross: Bring Me Sunshine is connecting with 200 older adults across the community but we are very aware that there may well be older parishioners from Holy Cross who are not on the list who would like to benefit from occasional doorstep visits, up to date information of services available and the latest Corona Virus guidelines, treats and activities to keep them occupied as well as the fortnightly Bring Me Sunshine magazine. You just need to be over 60 to be eligible. Lesley Allen would love to include you so please either call her on 07729785843 or email email@example.com. NEW
- Sick Visit and Visiting the Housebound: I am on call to Lewisham Hospital on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. If anyone is admitted there and would like me visit them, please do let me know. If you are housebound and would like to receive Holy Communion, please give me a call  as I am now able to do home visits, and I will be happy to support you.
- Family Numbers: when you arrive at the church you will need to give your name and other details. Alternatively, you can just give the Welcome Ministers your family number. If you have not received your Family Number, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a text to 07578777461.