HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
020 8698 3672
Josepha Flahive [secretary]
Lisa O’Hara [volunteer]
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Angela Allen]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday.
Sunday 13th September 2020 : 24th Sunday in Ordinary Time:
URGENT: COVID-19 Update->ALL PARISH ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED BUT THE CHURCH IS OPEN NOW FOR PUBLIC MASS AND BAPTISM.
You should find all the official documents and decisions regarding the effect of the pandemic COVID-19 on the parish activities.Please do visit this page regurlarly to keep yourself updated.The latest document is Guidelines - Reopening of Churches for the Celebration of Holy Mass
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC
- To access online the mass of the day, visit our Livestreaming webpage:
- Opening of the Church to the public for the Celebration of Holy Mass
ONLY UNTIL THE END OF COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
- The obligation to participate in Sunday Mass remains suspended.
- Where possible, please try to attend a weekday Mass to ensure Sunday attendance remains manageable.
- Entry into Mass will be on a first come first served basis, and where the maximum number is met, those awaiting entry shall be asked to kindly attend an alternative Mass.
- The one-meter distance rule applies and all parishioners (excluding very young children) are required to wear a face mask and to sanitise their hands.
- Please support your Welcome Minister in their role of keeping you safe.
- Do come 10 minutes before the mass
- Do avoid kneeling
- Do avoid touching statues
- Do receive the holy communion only on hands
- Do avoid receiving the holy communion on hands with gloves
- Do prayerfully leave the church immediately after the holy communion
- acebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rcchurchcatford/
- Instgram page: https://www.instagram.com/holycrosscatford/
- Mass Offertory Collections: £182.40 Thank you. (Thank you also to the anonymous donor for their gift of £200.)
- Our Newsletter Magazine is available by visiting our Newsletter webpage:Plenty of information,messages, recommandations, prayers ,testimonies ,photos from the whole community and new guidelines for the celebration of Holy Mass at Holy Cross Church from Monday 13th July 2020.
Please take the Newsletter home with you - please do not leave your copy in the church. Thank you.
- Please note: you can firstly request Holy Mass via email (email@example.com) or text (07367426492) and secondly send the money via the donation scheme by leaving a comment for your intention.
- First Holy Communion Celebrations message from Anne Mellis available here
Sacrament of Reconciliation: 13 September at 4pm
Days of Celebration: 19 September at 10am;
20 September at 4pm;26 September at 10am;27 September at 4pm;03 October at 10am.Thank you to those of you who have already confirmed your intention to attend the catch-up session for First Holy Communion preparation on 12 September at 10a.m. in the church. If you wish your child to receive Holy Communion for the first time, you must attend the lesson together with your child, bringing your completed 'I Belong' workbook, and having looked at and discussed the two PowerPoint presentations you received earlier. You also need to attend the Sacrament of Reconciliation with your child on 13 September. There are five Masses arranged for First Communion, and there are places available. If you have any questions, please use this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Forms: Those who wish to baptise their children, to receive the sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation or to be received into the full communion with the Catholic Church can obtain your application forms from Fr Antony. It will be an opportunity for Fr Antony to meet your family, to explain about the importance of the sacraments you are going to receive and to stress the necessity to participate in the preparation programmes. Please make an appointment to meet him without an appointment on Mondays after the 7pm Mass or Tuesdays and Wednesdays after the 9.15am Mass.
- Diamond Club magazine available here
- Requiem Mass: We shall be celebrating a Requiem Mass on 26 September for all who died during this Pandemic. Families of the deceased can also ask for a special Mass for their beloved ones.
- Family Numbers: when you arrive at the church you will need to give your name and other details. Alternatively, you can just give the Welcome Ministers your family number. If you have not received your Family Number, please write to email@example.com or send a text to 07578777461.