HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday and Friday :10am-3pm
020 8698 3672
Josepha Flahive [secretary]
Lisa O’Hara [volunteer]
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Angela Allen]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday.
Sunday 25th October 2020 : 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time
You can find the Readings here
URGENT: COVID-19 Update->ALL PARISH ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED BUT THE CHURCH IS OPEN NOW FOR PUBLIC MASS AND BAPTISM.
You should find all the official documents and decisions regarding the effect of the pandemic COVID-19 on the parish activities.Please do visit this page regurlarly to keep yourself updated.The latest document is Guidelines - Reopening of Churches for the Celebration of Holy Mass
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC
- To access online the mass of the day, visit our Livestreaming webpage:
- Please note: the parish office is open on Tuesdays and Fridays from 10am to 3pm.
- Opening of the Church to the public for the Celebration of Holy Mass
- NEW COVID-19 REGULATIONS: As we are in Tier2 category of Covid 19 regulations, please take care and observe all the rules. Kindly follow the guidance of the Welcome Ministers. Please keep safe distancing and wear a face covering, and sanitise your hands when you enter and leave the Church. The maximum people now can attend funeral (thirty), and baptism (six). Thanks for your cooperation and many thanks to our Welcome Ministers.
ONLY UNTIL THE END OF COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
- The obligation to participate in Sunday Mass remains suspended.
- Where possible, please try to attend a weekday Mass to ensure Sunday attendance remains manageable.
- Entry into Mass will be on a first come first served basis, and where the maximum number is met, those awaiting entry shall be asked to kindly attend an alternative Mass.
- The one-meter distance rule applies and all parishioners (excluding very young children) are required to wear a face mask and to sanitise their hands.
- Please support your Welcome Minister in their role of keeping you safe.
- Do come 10 minutes before the mass
- Do avoid kneeling
- Do avoid touching statues
- Do receive the holy communion only on hands
- Do avoid receiving the holy communion on hands with gloves
- Do prayerfully leave the church immediately after the holy communion
- acebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rcchurchcatford/
- Instgram page: https://www.instagram.com/holycrosscatford/
- Offertory Collection : £193.46 [loose]– Thank you. Thank you also for your donations for the second collection which amounted to £176.34 for Missio. CIA program 2020-21: The RCIA team would like to extend an invitation and welcome to all who may be interested to join the Catholic family, also to those newly baptised or confirmed or to any Catholics who just want to deepen their faith. Sessions will start on 14th November, probably each Saturday evening at 4.30-5.30pm. Details to be confirmed. The program will be a mixture of Zoom meetings as well as group meetings at Holy Cross. We will journey together, pray together, discuss and reflect. Parishioners interested to support and share their faith with new candidates are very much welcome. Please contact Father Antony or the office firstname.lastname@example.org or 02086983672 to register your interest.
- Our Newsletter is available by visiting our Newsletter webpage.
Please take a copy of the Newsletter home with you - please do not leave it in the church. Thank you.NEW
- November Devotions: Blessing of Graves – Sunday 1 November: As we are soon to be in the month of November, it being the month of Holy Souls, Fr Antony will be visiting Hither Green Cemetery on Sunday 1st November to Bless the graves of those who have loved ones that have been laid to rest there. Between 2:00pm and 4:00pm Fr Antony will locate all the graves who have family members awaiting a Blessing. We have been informed that currently the cemetery is open without restrictions on numbers visiting, but please bear in mind that this ruling may change at very short notice.
- Tree of Remembrance: For the month of November, a Tree of Remembrance will be lit up and be present in the Church to shine on the names of those loved souls whom we shall be remembering. May we invite you to take a tag as you leave church, on which you can write the name/s of your loved ones – and include a picture if you wish. There will be a dedicated basket for the return of the completed tags, which will then be hung on the Tree of Remembrance on your behalf.
- Remembrance Sunday: The Masses to be said on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th November will be in remembrance of all the departed, and especially those who have died during the past year.
- R.I.P.: We ask for your continued prayers for the repose of the soul of one of our parishioners, Eileen Hanlon, who passed away recently. Please keep Eileen and her family in your prayers during this difficult time. Funeral details to follow.
- Meet Fr Antony without an appointment this week: Those who wish to sign their school applications, to baptise their children, to receive the sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation or to be received into the full communion with the Catholic Church [RCIA] can obtain your application forms from Fr Antony. It will be an opportunity for Fr Antony to meet your family, to explain about the importance of the sacraments you are going to receive and to stress the importance to participate in the preparation programmes. Please meet him without an appointment on this Tuesday and Wednesday after the 9.15am Mass. Parents must come with their children/candidates.
- Diamond Club of Holy Cross:Please note there will be a special Mass for members of the Diamond Club on Tuesday 10th November at 11am. If you would like to attend, please contact Lesley Allen.Diamond Club magazine here NEW
- Sick Visit and Visiting the Housebound: I am on call to Lewisham Hospital on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. If anyone is admitted there and would like me visit them, please do let me know. If you are housebound and would like to receive Holy Communion, please give me a call  as I am now able to do home visits, and I will be happy to support you.
- Please pray for sick: Myra Hannon, Kay Grey, Lydia Joseph, Pat Vessey and John Conway. If you want the parish community to pray for the sick members of your family and to be added in the newsletter, please send us an email.
- Family Numbers: when you arrive at the church you will need to give your name and other details. Alternatively, you can just give the Welcome Ministers your family number. If you have not received your Family Number, please write to email@example.com or send a text to 07578777461.
- Year of the Word [The God Who Speaks]: The Diocese of Southwark organises the Bible Timeline Course, via live-streaming, , starting on Wednesday 4th November 2020 at 7.00pm, over 7 weekly sessions. Mauro Iannicelli will deliver. I would like to encourage you to experience this inspirational and evangelistic course. Course Info: www.comeandsee.org | firstname.lastname@example.org To Register: www.comeandsee.org/registration.html