Fr. Antony Megalan Sellam
Open Tue & Thu
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Executive Headteacher:Miss Mary Collins
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop
4 Brownhill Road, Catford
First Holy Communion:
Judy & Fabian Chen
St Vincent De Paul 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Third Thursday Time TTT
Newsletter matters to be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday.
ALL ARE WELCOME
Please take a look inside our Church.
Whenever we come into the presence of God in this holy church of
Holy Cross - Catford,we experience both invisible communion with God
and visible communion with each other. For more than a century, this beautiful church has been a spiritual power House for people
to have shared in this invisible and visible communion.
Please come and taste this unconditional love of God and to experience this friendly atmosphere in our Holy Cross parish.
Sunday 09th January 2022 : The Baptism of the Lord
Many Thanks: Throughout the Pandemic, I visited a number of patients, some even on the high risk Covid wards. But unfortunately I could not escape from the Omicron variant this time. When I tested positive, you looked after me with your prayers and support. I was fed very well by our parishioners. I am now well again. Sincere thanks to you all.
For a Few Weeks: Please be aware that as part of our efforts to limit the spread of the coronavirus, we have taken the decision to limit some of the singing in our Sunday morning masses. Therefore, the “GLORIA”, “ALLELUIA” and “HOLY HOLY” will now be said, and the hymns will be sung by cantor only. The “LORD HAVE MERCY”, RESPONSORIAL PSALM, and “LAMB OF GOD” will still be sung, but please leave your face covering on if you are going to join in with these items. We are all strongly encouraged to receive communion by hand, but if you specifically desire to receive on the tongue, please ensure you come up at the very end of the communion procession, and only to the priest (as he will have a sanitiser on him to ensure he can clean his hand after administering communion to you). Finally, please be aware that doors and windows will be opened at times during the service to ensure the church is well ventilated.
- Christmas Mass offering: £ 1534.00
2nd January Mass offering: £338.67
Altar Servers’ Albs: £335 (Total £845)
Altar Servers’ Albs: £335 (Total £845)
[Thanks to a generous donor who donated £300]
- Home Visit: My mum is slowly losing her memory and thinks that I am somewhere closer to her but not visiting her!!! I could not visit my home during these Pandemic years, but now have the opportunity to visit for three weeks. As we also celebrate our parish feast at this time of the year, I will have a chance to meet all my friends and relatives. Please keep me in your prayers. In my absence, Fr Clive and priests from Brockley will offer the Masses. I can be still contacted by email and WhatsApp
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC - Updates
URGENT: COVID-19 Update-> Holy Cross Church is CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
COVID SECURITY GUIDELINES : Following the recent changes(Friday 10 dec) in the regulations from the Government, the parish has issued updated guidelines for continued safe and covid-secure worship in the church.The latest document is Guidances for Churches December 2021
- Please note that the Mass times have been reviewed : See below (Mass Times and Intentions)
All the Masses will be live-streamed: https://holy-cross-stream.click2stream.com
- With respect to the current situation with the omicron variant it is important to ensure the following points are followed in our churches:
- That people displaying any symptoms of covid-19 should stay at home and not travel to church or participate in person.
- That hand sanitiser is used by everyone attending the Church.
- Concerning face masks, some form of face covering will be required in most public indoor venues, including places of worship. However, exemptions exist for various reasons: legitimate health reasons, as has always been the case.
- That there is good ventilation and air throughput in the building; in this case, because of climatic conditions, please do wrap up warmly when coming to the church as we may need to leave doors open.
- That a positive message encouraging people to get vaccinated and have the booster jab, when able, is delivered whenever possible.
- That people who are engaged in a form of pastoral ministry which involves ministry to the housebound, sick, and vulnerable, should take regular lateral flow tests to ensure they are safe to do so. These are free from the NHS.