HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Office is Open
(Tuesday and Thursday)
10am - 3pm
020 8698 3672
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Pat Barber and Kate Cleevely - email@example.com
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Tony Early]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday
Friday 24th Dec 2021 : Christmas (Vigil Mass)
You can find the Readings from here
- Parish Office Opening Times: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 10:00am. However the office will be closed over Christmas and New Year until Tuesday, 4th Jan 2022
- Money Matters
Altar Servers’ Albs: Total so far £510.
Your Mass Offerings at all Christmas Masses will be a special gift from you to Fr Antony .
Thank you all for your kindness and generosity.
- ADORATION AND TERCE [MID-MORNING PRAYER] IN HOLY CROSS: Besides the adoration every Friday from 6:30pm, we shall have adoration of the Blessed Sacrament every Friday from 9:15am in this season of Advent. We shall also pray the mid-morning prayer of the Universal Church at this time.
Please take a copy of the Newsletter home with you - please do not leave it in the church. Thank you.
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC - Updates
URGENT: COVID-19 Update-> Holy Cross Church is OPEN
COVID SECURITY GUIDELINES : Following the recent changes(Friday 10 dec) in the regulations from the Government, the parish has issued updated guidelines for continued safe and covid-secure worship in the church.The latest document is Guidances for Churches December 2021
- Please note that the Mass times have been reviewed : See below (Mass Times and Intentions)
All the Masses will be live-streamed: https://holy-cross-stream.click2stream.com
- With respect to the current situation with the omicron variant it is important to ensure the following points are followed in our churches:
- That people displaying any symptoms of covid-19 should stay at home and not travel to church or participate in person.
- That hand sanitiser is used by everyone attending the Church.
- Concerning face masks, some form of face covering will be required in most public indoor venues, including places of worship. However, exemptions exist for various reasons: legitimate health reasons, as has always been the case.
- That there is good ventilation and air throughput in the building; in this case, because of climatic conditions, please do wrap up warmly when coming to the church as we may need to leave doors open.
- That a positive message encouraging people to get vaccinated and have the booster jab, when able, is delivered whenever possible.
- That people who are engaged in a form of pastoral ministry which involves ministry to the housebound, sick, and vulnerable, should take regular lateral flow tests to ensure they are safe to do so. These are free from the NHS.
- The Holy Mass is offered everyday via Livestream
- Not able to come to church during this Pandemic? Coming to Church and offering the Holy Mass with God’s people is the best form of participation. In case you are not able to come due to your age or health condition, please do not worry. Log on to our website and click the ‘livestream’ section. It is also a great blessing for those families and friends who live elsewhere and are not able to come in person to attend when their beloved ones’ Baptism, Holy Communion, Confirmation or funeral liturgy are taking place at Holy Cross. We have a number of Masses over the Christmas weekend. Please invite your family and friends who do not usually come to church. It will be an opportunity for us to bring them back to Christ
- Diamond Club Magazine is available here