HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
020 8698 3672
Josepha Flahive [secretary]
Lisa O’Hara [volunteer]
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School-CLOSED
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins & Miss Giovanna Finaldi
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Angela Allen]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday.
Sunday 14th June 2020 : Corpus Christi
You can find the Readings from here
URGENT: COVID-19 Update ->ALL PARISH ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE BUT THE CHURCH SHOULD BE OPENING FROM 24TH JUNE 2020 FOR INDIVIDUAL /PRIVATE PRAYERS.
You should find all the official documents and decisions regarding the effect of the pandemic COVID-19 on the parish activities.Please do visit this page regurlarly to keep yourself updated.The latest document is Letter to the Clergy - Reopening of Churches for Individual Prayer, 10 June 2020 New
These are the posters you will see within the Church from the 24th June 2020:
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC
Please use the Mass Streaming to access to HOLY CROSS Church Mass on a daily basis until further notice.
- The Holy Mass is offered every day from 9.00 am – the congregation will join the Mass in spirit. As you can’t participate in the Mass at this time of pandemic, you can still reach out to our Blessed Lord by making a Spiritual Communion in prayer. [Please use the Spiritual Communion prayer given below.].
Spiritual Communion [Prayer of St Alphonsus]
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in this Holy Sacrament of the altar.
I love you above all things and I passionately desire to receive you into my soul.
Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come spiritually into my soul so that I may unite myself wholly to you now and forever. Amen.
- Re-opening of the Church for Individual Private Prayer
The Government is allowing churches to open for individual prayer from Monday 15th June. We hope to safely open Holy Cross Church for Individual Private Prayer on Sundays, Wednesdays and Friday from 7pm - 8pm, starting from Friday 26th June. The Blessed Sacrament will be exposed whilst the church is open.
Individual prayer within a place of worship is defined as a person or household entering the venue to pray on their own and not as part of a group, led prayer or communal act. They must be socially distanced from other individuals or households. Collective or communal prayer and regular scheduled services are not permitted at this time. This includes any priest or lay person leading devotions or prayer.In order to manage the safe opening of Holy Cross, we need a team of volunteers to join the Welcome Ministry, who will be responsible for preparing and opening the church, assisting with hand sanitisation on entry and exit; ensuring social distance during opening, and cleaning the church at the end of the session. There will need to be 4 team members each time the church is open.Measures will be in place to reduce the risk of infection.
- A one-way system. Entry to the Holy Cross Church will be from Sangley Road Entrance, and the exit will be by the door to the car park. The side gate to Sangley Road will be open during this time to allow access.
- The toilets will not be available.
- Those visiting will be asked to hand sanitize on entry and on leaving the church.
- Parts of the church will be sectioned off to ensure a 2-metre distance is maintained.
- Signage will be displayed to assist visitors.
- While children are unlikely to become very ill, they are capable of both being infected by the virus and of spreading it. Parents or guardians bringing children into church should manage their children appropriately, particularly ensuring they touch as few surfaces as possible for their own safety.
Provided we can assemble and prepare a Welcome Team for each session we will begin from Wednesday 24th June 7-8pm. If you are able to assist please contact Fr Antony or Ossie Folkes - firstname.lastname@example.org we hope to have a short induction for this Welcome Team on Friday 19th June at 7pm.
- Fr. Anthony 's weekly message is available here.New
- acebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rcchurchcatford/
- Instgram page: https://www.instagram.com/holycrosscatford/
- Please note: you can request Holy Mass via email (email@example.com) or text (07367426492). No need to send money. We offer the Holy Mass for your intentions.
- Diamond Ring Magazine is available for reading and downloading.New
- First Holy Communion Quiz available for downloading here New