HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
020 8698 3672
Josepha Flahive [secretary]
Lisa O’Hara [volunteer]
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins & Miss Giovanna Finaldi
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Angela Allen]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday.
Sunday 02nd August 2020 : 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time
URGENT: COVID-19 Update->ALL PARISH ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED BUT THE CHURCH IS OPEN NOW FOR PUBLIC MASS AND BAPTISM.
You should find all the official documents and decisions regarding the effect of the pandemic COVID-19 on the parish activities.Please do visit this page regurlarly to keep yourself updated.The latest document is Guidelines - Reopening of Churches for the Celebration of Holy Mass
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC
- To access online the mass of the day, visit our Livestreaming webpage:
- Re-opening of the Church to the public for the Celebration of Holy Mass
Good News - We have re-opened our Holy Cross Church to the public for the celebration of Holy Mass.
When will this be?:Since Mon 13th July @7pm.Times of Masses: See Newsletters or Mass intentionsPlease also Remember:- The obligation to participate in Sunday Mass remains suspended.- Where possible, please try to attend a weekday Mass to ensure Sunday attendance remains manageable.- Entry into Mass will be on a first come first served basis, and where the maximum number is met, those awaiting entry shall be asked to kindly attend an alternative Mass.- The one-meter distance rule applies and all parishioners (excluding very young children) are required to wear a face mask and to sanitise their hands.- Please support your Welcome Minister in their role of keeping you safe.
- acebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rcchurchcatford/
- Instgram page: https://www.instagram.com/holycrosscatford/
Please take the Newsletter home with you - please do not leave your copy in the church. Thank you.
- Please note: you can firstly request Holy Mass via email (email@example.com) or text (07367426492) and secondly send the money via the donation scheme by leaving a comment for your intention.
- Diamond Ring Magazine is available for reading and downloading.NEW
- Baptism : We shall be celebrating the Sacrament of Baptism on request. Parents – please complete the Baptism Application Form and hand it to Fr Antony with all the necessary documents required. You will be asked to participate in a special catechesis programme when things get back to normal.
- Celebrations of First Holy Communion and Confirmation – There is no separate guidance from the Bishops’ Conference about celebrations of First Holy Communion. All the guidance already issued for the celebration of Mass will need to be applied, including the social distancing and hygiene measures. Attendance will be limited to 30 people including the candidate making their First Holy Communion. – more news with possible dates of celebration to follow.
- Requiem Mass: We shall be celebrating a Requiem Mass on 26 September for all who died during this Pandemic. Families of the deceased can also ask for a special Mass for their beloved ones.
- Family Numbers: when you arrive at the church you will need to give your name and other details. Alternatively, you can just give the Welcome Ministers your family number. If you have not received your Family Number, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a text to 07578777461.