HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
020 8698 3672
Josepha Flahive [secretary]
Lisa O’Hara [volunteer]
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School-CLOSED
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins & Miss Giovanna Finaldi
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Angela Allen]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday.
Sunday 07th June 2020 : The Most Holy Trinity
You can find the Readings from here
URGENT: COVID-19 Update ->ALL PARISH ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
You should find all the official documents and decisions regarding the effect of the pandemic COVID-19 on the parish activities.Please do visit this page regurlarly to keep yourself updated.The latest document is Preparing to open Churches for Individual/Private Prayers New
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC
Please use the Mass Streaming to access to HOLY CROSS Church Mass on a daily basis until further notice.
- The Holy Mass is offered every day from 9.00 am – the congregation will join the Mass in spirit. As you can’t participate in the Mass at this time of pandemic, you can still reach out to our Blessed Lord by making a Spiritual Communion in prayer. [Please use the Spiritual Communion prayer given below.].
Spiritual Communion [Prayer of St Alphonsus]
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in this Holy Sacrament of the altar.
I love you above all things and I passionately desire to receive you into my soul.
Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come spiritually into my soul so that I may unite myself wholly to you now and forever. Amen.
- The time has now come for us to give thought to how to prepare for the opening of our church for its parishioners. Although we are waiting on the guidance from both the government and the diocese, I would encourage you to put forward your own suggestions to ensure a safe place of worship for everyone. Let me have your thoughts so that we may form a strategic plan for our parish. Fr. Anthony 's weekly message is available here.New
- acebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rcchurchcatford/
- Instgram page: https://www.instagram.com/holycrosscatford/
- Please note: you can request Holy Mass via email (email@example.com) or text (07367426492). No need to send money. We offer the Holy Mass for your intentions.
- Diamond Ring Magazine is available for reading and downloading.New
- For Those Admitted to Hospital
The Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care team offer support to patients, relatives, carers and staff whatever their faith or belief, religious or non-religious.
Be assured, that patients in the hospital and their relatives at home, can have access to a chaplain via the ward staff. Chaplains are available 24/7 and some are available to respond out of hours on site for emergency end of life requests. All other chaplains are on call for telephone support and advice only.
- At least Once in Two Days: kindly adopt a person who is lonely or in need and call them at least once in every two days. If you can, I encourage you to pray the Holy Rosary over the phone with an elderly person who lives on his/her own. If you wish to find a ROSARY COMPANION, please give me your contact details
- To receive information: Please register yourself at the following webpage :Newsletter so that we can keep you updated with our parish news. We may also send you prayers and spiritual activities for your families. Convey this message to your friends and family members so that they can also keep themselves updated.
- I have been making calls to the housebound and the elderly, just to strengthen their spirits and to say that I and we are praying for them. If you want me to phone anyone who is in need, please send me a message to 07367426492 [parish mobile] or call 02086983672.
- Many thanks for the many people who gave me your contact number to receive spiritual messages and daily blessings via WhatsApp. If you want to be included in the group, please text to 07367426492.
- Holy Cross Volunteers’ Team: if you are able to give some of your time for the benefit of our community, especially to help the elderly and needy, kindly contact me, Lesley Allen, or the SVP [07835 188411].
- Morning Blessing from Holy Cross WhatsApp link:
- To access Holy Mass and prayers from our Lady of Walsingham Shrine:
- To Access to 24 x 7 Perpetual Adoration: https://www.ewtn.co.uk/live/adoration
- To access everyday Mass readings and prayers [from Universalis]:
- Governments Guidance to contain the pandemic:
- Lewisham Food Bank: https://lewisham.foodbank.org.uk/
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
- The Word at Home
Check out our new Top Ten ideas for in the home.
This dynamic theatre group has a wealth of excellent resources and are providing an 'at home' Sunday liturgy aimed at young people. The group can be found at:
www.tentenresources.co.uk and on Twitter: @TenTen
- Catholic Mum
A packed website full of interesting articles, gospel reflections, culture and fun for the family: www.catholicmom.com
- ACN - Aid to the Church in Need children’s Bible stories’ project : https://acnuk.org/resource/childs-bible-project/
- YouTube Kids
This app has a wealth of fun teaching videos for children and is worth exploring. An example might be this video about David and Goliath: youtu.be/ks6zl2hL2Uk.
Click here for more information.
- Staying at home: a new resource for young people
- Christ is Alive
‘Christ is Alive’ is available on the new SCYS YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/southwarkcatholicyouthservice
- Mass Server Quarantine Workout: https://youtu.be/kYNnjT95b98
- Magnifikid for children that all the Sunday readings, with explanations, plus activities for them to do. https://us.magnificat.net/free