HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Parish Office is Open
(Tuesday and Thursday)
10am - 3pm
020 8698 3672
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Pat Barber and Kate Cleevely - firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Tony Early]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday
Sunday 19th Dec 2021 : 4th Sunday of Advent
You can find the Readings from here
Dear parishioner of Holy Cross,
I hope and pray that you and your family are keeping well and that your preparations are going nicely as we look forward to celebrating the nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amidst our joy and singing, we still share in the fearful and sorrowful experience of the Holy Family of Jesus Christ of two thousand years ago. New covid variants, new restrictions, being isolated, face coverings, fear of infection, pain of the disease, difficulties in visiting our families and friends... the horrors of the Pandemic go on and on. In this valley of darkness, Christ is our only light. With His help and strength, we receive the power to overcome the struggles in these somber times. With His friendship and love, we are enlightened to arise and go beyond our comfort zone and help others who are in need. May this Christmas become for us a time not only to cherish great joy in our hearts and families but also to bring that blessing to the needy.
ADVENT CONFESSIONS: Along with our usual confession times, we shall have a special day to spend some time in the presence of God and prepare ourselves spiritually to celebrate the Nativity of our Lord in a worthy way through the sacrament of Reconciliation. It will be on Monday, 20 December, from 7pm. Priests from other parishes will be available to hear Confessions.
Please note that Bishop Pat’s visit to our parish is cancelled due to the recent increase of Covid 19 infection cases. We will invite him again when the time is favourable.
- Parish Office: (Open Tuesday and Thursday this week): 02086983672
Parish Surgery: Come and speak to Fr Antony without an appointment after the Mass on Monday and Friday this week
- Money Matters
Mass offering [loose collection]: £425
Altar Servers’ Alb: 5 donations totalling £120Thank you all for your kindness and generosity.
- ADORATION AND TERCE [MID-MORNING PRAYER] IN HOLY CROSS: Besides the adoration every Friday from 6:30pm, we shall have adoration of the Blessed Sacrament every Friday from 9:15am in this season of Advent. We shall also pray the mid-morning prayer of the Universal Church at this time.
- Manna Mission: The soup kitchen will be open this fourth Sunday of Advent. If you would like to support the Team this Sunday, please come at around 9.45am to Hartley Hall.
Please take a copy of the Newsletter home with you - please do not leave it in the church. Thank you.
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC - Updates
URGENT: COVID-19 Update-> Holy Cross Church is OPEN
COVID SECURITY GUIDELINES : Following the recent changes(Tuesday 14 dec) in the regulations from the Government, the parish has issued updated guidelines for continued safe and covid-secure worship in the church.The latest document is Covid-19 Route Map - Step 4
- Please note that the Mass times have been reviewed : See below (Mass Times and Intentions)
All the Masses will be live-streamed: https://holy-cross-stream.click2stream.com
- With respect to the current situation with the omicron variant it is important to ensure the following points are followed in our churches:
- That people displaying any symptoms of covid-19 should stay at home and not travel to church or participate in person.
- That hand sanitiser is used by everyone attending the Church.
- Concerning face masks, some form of face covering will be required in most public indoor venues, including places of worship. However, exemptions exist for various reasons: legitimate health reasons, as has always been the case.
- That there is good ventilation and air throughput in the building; in this case, because of climatic conditions, please do wrap up warmly when coming to the church as we may need to leave doors open.
- That a positive message encouraging people to get vaccinated and have the booster jab, when able, is delivered whenever possible.
- That people who are engaged in a form of pastoral ministry which involves ministry to the housebound, sick, and vulnerable, should take regular lateral flow tests to ensure they are safe to do so. These are free from the NHS.
- The Holy Mass is offered everyday via Livestream
- Diamond Club Magazine is available here