HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
020 8698 3672
Josepha Flahive [secretary]
Lisa O’Hara [volunteer]
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins & Miss Giovanna Finaldi
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Angela Allen]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday.
Sunday 19th July 2020 : 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time
URGENT: COVID-19 Update->ALL PARISH ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED BUT THE CHURCH IS OPEN NOW FOR PUBLIC MASS AND BAPTISM.
You should find all the official documents and decisions regarding the effect of the pandemic COVID-19 on the parish activities.Please do visit this page regurlarly to keep yourself updated.The latest document is Guidelines - Reopening of Churches for the Celebration of Holy Mass
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC
Please use the Mass Streaming to access to HOLY CROSS Church Mass on Tuesday only and for Mass Replay until further notice.
- Re-opening of the Church to the public for the Celebration of Holy Mass
Good News - We have re-opened our Holy Cross Church to the public for the celebration of Holy Mass.
When will this be?:Since Mon 13th July @7pm.Times of Masses: See Newsletters or Mass intentionsPlease also Remember:- The obligation to participate in Sunday Mass remains suspended.- Where possible, please try to attend a weekday Mass to ensure Sunday attendance remains manageable.- Entry into Mass will be on a first come first served basis, and where the maximum number is met, those awaiting entry shall be asked to kindly attend an alternative Mass.- The one-meter distance rule applies and all parishioners (excluding very young children) are required to wear a face mask and to sanitise their hands.- Please support your Welcome Minister in their role of keeping you safe.- There will be no offertory procession of the gifts of bread and wine to the altar. A collection box for cash offerings will be placed at the entrance and exit of the church. Please consider giving your offering via standing order. The Forms are available at the entrance.- After receiving the Holy Communion, people must immediately leave the Church. The remaining Blessed Sacrament is placed into the Tabernacle and the vessels cleansed in the usual way.The church will be closed after the Mass has finished in order for cleaning to take place.
- Fr. Anthony 's weekly message is available here: New guidelines for the celebration of Holy Mass at Holy Cross Church from Monday 13th July 2020.NEW
- acebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rcchurchcatford/
- Instgram page: https://www.instagram.com/holycrosscatford/
- Please note: you can firstly request Holy Mass via email (email@example.com) or text (07367426492) and secondly send the money via the donation scheme by leaving a comment for your intention.
- Diamond Ring Magazine is available for reading and downloading.NEW
- Sincere thanks to all Welcome Ministers who help us to be safe in our church. They welcome you at the entrance, ask you to sanitise your hands, note down your contact details as asked by the government, lead you to the place to be seated, remind you to sanitise your hands when you exit and clean the church after the Mass.
Many thanks for your help!
WAITING TO BAPTISE YOUR CHILD? It is possible now to baptise your child now. Please read carefully the instructions attached along with this newsletter.Download the Application Form Baptism from our parish website, complete it and hand it over to Fr Antony.