HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday and Friday :10am-3pm
020 8698 3672
Josepha Flahive [secretary]
Lisa O’Hara [volunteer]
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Angela Allen]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday.
Sunday 27th September 2020 : 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time:
You can find the Readings from here
Bible Verse to Remember: Lord, make me know your ways. Lord, teach me your paths. Make me walk in your truth, and teach me: for you are God my saviour. [Psalm 25:4]
URGENT: COVID-19 Update->ALL PARISH ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED BUT THE CHURCH IS OPEN NOW FOR PUBLIC MASS AND BAPTISM.
You should find all the official documents and decisions regarding the effect of the pandemic COVID-19 on the parish activities.Please do visit this page regurlarly to keep yourself updated.The latest document is Guidelines - Reopening of Churches for the Celebration of Holy Mass
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC
- To access online the mass of the day, visit our Livestreaming webpage:
- Please note: the parish office is open on Tuesdays and Fridays from 10am to 3pm.
- Opening of the Church to the public for the Celebration of Holy Mass
ONLY UNTIL THE END OF COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
- The obligation to participate in Sunday Mass remains suspended.
- Where possible, please try to attend a weekday Mass to ensure Sunday attendance remains manageable.
- Entry into Mass will be on a first come first served basis, and where the maximum number is met, those awaiting entry shall be asked to kindly attend an alternative Mass.
- The one-meter distance rule applies and all parishioners (excluding very young children) are required to wear a face mask and to sanitise their hands.
- Please support your Welcome Minister in their role of keeping you safe.
- Do come 10 minutes before the mass
- Do avoid kneeling
- Do avoid touching statues
- Do receive the holy communion only on hands
- Do avoid receiving the holy communion on hands with gloves
- Do prayerfully leave the church immediately after the holy communion
- acebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rcchurchcatford/
- Instgram page: https://www.instagram.com/holycrosscatford/
- Mass Offertory Collections: £231.74 – Thank you to all who continue to make cash donations. We are also very grateful to all those parishioners who have continued to donate by standing order and those who have recently switched to this method of giving. A Standing Order and Gift Aid form is attached to this newsletter for those parishioners who may be considering making an offering in this way in future. And please remember, your gift is most gratefully received no matter how small you may consider it to be
Please take the Newsletter home with you - please do not leave your copy in the church. Thank you.NEW
- First Holy Communion Celebrations message from Anne Mellis available here
Days of Celebration: 26 September at 10am;
27 September at 4pm;03 October at 10am.If you have any questions, please use this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sacrament of Confirmation 2020: The final session [the Gifts of the Holy Spirit] will be held on 30th Wednesday at 6.30pm in the church and the celebration of the Sacrament will be 13th and 14th October at 6.30pm and 17th October at 10am and 18th October at 5pm. More information to follow.
- Application Forms: Those who wish to baptise their children, to receive the sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation or to be received into the full communion with the Catholic Church can obtain your application forms from Fr Antony. It will be an opportunity for Fr Antony to meet your family, to explain about the importance of the sacraments you are going to receive and to stress the necessity to participate in the preparation programmes. Please make an appointment to meet him without an appointment on Mondays after the 7pm Mass or Tuesdays and Wednesdays after the 9.15am Mass.
- CAFOD: Our parish is marking CAFOD’s Family Fast Day to help people facing the worst of the coronavirus crisis. We’ve all felt the impact of this terrible disease – let’s come together to help the poorest and most vulnerable people in the world survive, rebuild and heal. Please pray for all those affected. You can donate : online at cafod.org.uk/give, using one of the envelopes which are available in the small porch, or Text CAFOD to 70085 to donate £10. (Texts cost £10 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £10 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text CAFODNOINFO to 70085)
- Diamond Club magazine available here NEW
- Requiem Mass: We shall be celebrating a Requiem Mass on 26 September for all who died during this Pandemic. Families of the deceased can also ask for a special Mass for their beloved ones.
- Sick Visit and Visiting the Housebound: I am on call to Lewisham Hospital on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. If anyone is admitted there and would like me visit them, please do let me know. If you are housebound and would like to receive Holy Communion, please give me a call  as I am now able to do home visits, and I will be happy to support you.
- Family Numbers: when you arrive at the church you will need to give your name and other details. Alternatively, you can just give the Welcome Ministers your family number. If you have not received your Family Number, please write to email@example.com or send a text to 07578777461.