HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Parish Office is Open
(Tuesday and Friday)
10am - 3pm
020 8698 3672
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Pat Barber and Kate Cleevely - firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Tony Early]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday
Sunday 31st Oct 2021 : ALL SAINTS
You can find the Readings from here
This weekend we celebrate the solemnity of ALL SAINTS. While the first reading of this weekend reflects on the life of saints in heaven, the second and Gospel readings demand us to live a saintly life here on earth. On this solemnity, we encourage parents to bring their children to church dressed in the costume of a Saint. They will receive a special blessing on that day. On Halloween, please avoid dressing your children to represent the macabre, such as devils or ghouls.
- Mass Offering : Last week’s Mass Offering : £559.90. Thank you. Second Collection : Your donations for World Missions amounted to £280.42. Thank you.
- Parish Office: (Open Tuesday and Thursday this week): 02086983672
- Divine Mercy Retreat : On 05 November, Friday, from 6.30pm we shall have a Divine Mercy Retreat in our parish. Fr Lucas will lead us.
- We plan to begin the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament after the Mass every Tuesday from this Advent.
- Next Baptism Programme: 20 November 2021 and 27 November 2021 [10am]
First Holy Communion Class : 6th November [10:00am]
Confirmation Class : Saturday 6th November [4:30pm]
- RCIA: Welcome also to those practicing Catholics interested in sharing their faith with others, and those NEW to the Catholic Church who are interested to learn more. The RCIA program will continue from the first Saturday in October through to next June 2022. You are all most welcome to come along to Hartley Hall each Saturday after the 6:30pm Mass and find out more - Refreshments and enrolment forms will be available.
- We will begin a youth group ‘DANCING YOUTH FOR CHRIST’ in our parish in due time. The children/ youth who are interested will be taught Biblical music and action songs. They will learn the teachings of the Bible/Church through Biblical music. This group will eventually lead the Sunday Bible Class action songs in our parish. Please register your interest: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take a copy of the Newsletter home with you - please do not leave it in the church. Thank you.
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC - Updates
URGENT: COVID-19 Update-> Holy Cross Church is OPEN
COVID SECURITY GUIDELINES : Following the recent changes(Monday 19 July) in the regulations from the Government, the parish has issued updated guidelines for continued safe and covid-secure worship in the church.The latest document is Covid-19 Route Map - Step 4
- Please note that the Mass times have been reviewed : See below (Mass Times and Intentions)
All the Masses will be live-streamed: https://holy-cross-stream.click2stream.com
- Covid Rules Updates: As the cases of covid-19 and flu are increasing, please make a note of the following: If you have any symptoms, please stay at home and watch the Holy Mass via livestream (the link is Angelcam | Live video from Holy Cross Stream camera (click2stream.com) ) Please wear a face mask, unless you are exempt; Please sanitise your hands as you enter and exit the church; Please ensure you keep sufficient distance between yourself/ves and the people in front of you during the Comunion procession (a Welcome Ministers will assist) We won’t be taking any details for track and trace at this time.
- Welcome Ministers: As the number of Covid 19/Flu cases are expected to rise during the winter, let us now be ready to safeguard our people in our church. Along with welcoming the people, we will issue the parish newsletter wearing gloves, and ask everyone to sanitize their hands as they enter/exit the church. We shall guide parishioners up for Communion as in the past, and after Mass will sanitize the benches and areas frequently touched. Could I ask all Welcome Ministers to remain in Church after Mass for a short meeting. Many thanks for your commitment and sacrifice.
- The Holy Mass is offered everyday via Livestream
- Diamond Club Magazine is available here