HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
020 8698 3672
Josepha Flahive [secretary]
Lisa O’Hara [volunteer]
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School-CLOSED
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins & Miss Giovanna Finaldi
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Angela Allen]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday.
4th Sunday of EASTER :Sunday 03rd May 2020
You can find the Readings from here
URGENT: COVID-19 Update ->ALL PARISH ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
You should find all the official documents and decisions regarding the effect of the pandemic COVID-19 on the parish activities.Please do visit this page regurlarly to keep yourself updated.The latest document is the Information for Familes & Carers in the Community
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC
- The Holy Mass is offered every day at 9.00 am – the congregation will join the Mass in spirit. As you can’t participate in the Mass at this time of pandemic, you can still reach out to our Blessed Lord by making a Spiritual Communion in prayer. [Please use the Spiritual Communion prayer given below.].
Spiritual Communion [Prayer of St Alphonsus]
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in this Holy Sacrament of the altar.
I love you above all things and I passionately desire to receive you into my soul.
Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come spiritually into my soul so that I may unite myself wholly to you now and forever. Amen.
- Fr. Anthony ' s weekly message is available here.New
- acebook page:https://www.facebook.com/rcchurchcatford/
- Instgram page:https://www.instagram.com/holycrosscatford/
- A replay of the Mass will be available after the daily mass from 11am
- Our Newsletter Magazine is available by visiting our Newsletter webpage: Plenty of information,messages, recommandations, prayers ,testimonies and photos from the whole community.New
- News from the Diocese: Due to the lockdown, any celebrations of the Sacrament of Confirmation arranged before 31 July 2020 will not take place as planned. If restrictions are lifted before 31 July, and a celebration of Confirmation is possible, I will send a decree of delegation to Parish Priests to administer Confirmation to candidates from their parishes so that a local celebration can be arranged. Archbishop John Wilson
- R.I.P. Please pray for the peaceful repose of the soul of Bridget Doyle whosefuneral will be on 11th May in Hither Green Cemetery. Also pray for MaryOnojeghuo whose funeral will be on 13th May and also pray for pray for Vincent Sabaroche whose funeral will be on 15th May. May they rest in peace.
- Please note: you can request Holy Mass via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text (07367426492). No need to send money. We offer the Holy Mass for your intentions.
- Diamond Ring Magazine is available for reading and downloading.New
- For Those Admitted to Hospital
The Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care team offer support to patients, relatives, carers and staff whatever their faith or belief, religious or non-religious.
Be assured, that patients in the hospital and their relatives at home, can have access to a chaplain via the ward staff. Chaplains are available 24/7 and some are available to respond out of hours on site for emergency end of life requests. All other chaplains are on call for telephone support and advice only.
- At least Once in Two Days: kindly adopt a person who is lonely or in need and call them at least once in every two days. If you can, I encourage you to pray the Holy Rosary over the phone with an elderly person who lives on his/her own. If you wish to find a ROSARY COMPANION, please give me your contact details
- To receive information: Please register yourself at the following webpage :Newsletter so that we can keep you updated with our parish news. We may also send you prayers and spiritual activities for your families. Convey this message to your friends and family members so that they can also keep themselves updated.
- I have been making calls to the housebound and the elderly, just to strengthen their spirits and to say that I and we are praying for them. If you want me to phone anyone who is in need, please send me a message to 07367426492 [parish mobile] or call 02086983672.
- Many thanks for the many people who gave me your contact number to receive spiritual messages and daily blessings via WhatsApp. If you want to be included in the group, please text to 07367426492.
- Holy Cross Volunteers’ Team: if you are able to give some of your time for the benefit of our community, especially to help the elderly and needy, kindly contact me, Lesley Allen, or the SVP [07835 188411].
- Morning Blessing from Holy Cross WhatsApp link:
- To access Holy Mass and prayers from our Lady of Walsingham Shrine:
- To Access to 24 x 7 Perpetual Adoration: https://www.ewtn.co.uk/live/adoration
- To access everyday Mass readings and prayers [from Universalis]:
- Governments Guidance to contain the pandemic:
- Lewisham Food Bank: https://lewisham.foodbank.org.uk/
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
- The Word at Home
Check out our new Top Ten ideas for in the home.
This dynamic theatre group has a wealth of excellent resources and are providing an 'at home' Sunday liturgy aimed at young people. The group can be found at:www.tentenresources.co.uk and on Twitter: @TenTen
- Catholic Mum
A packed website full of interesting articles, gospel reflections, culture and fun for the family: www.catholicmom.com
- ACN - Aid to the Church in Need children’s Bible stories’ project : https://acnuk.org/resource/childs-bible-project/
- YouTube Kids
This app has a wealth of fun teaching videos for children and is worth exploring. An example might be this video about David and Goliath: youtu.be/ks6zl2hL2Uk.Click here for more information.
- Staying at home: a new resource for young people
- Christ is Alive
‘Christ is Alive’ is available on the new SCYS YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/southwarkcatholicyouthservice
- Mass Server Quarantine Workout: https://youtu.be/kYNnjT95b98
- Magnifikid for children that all the Sunday readings, with explanations, plus activities for them to do. https://us.magnificat.net/free