HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Parish Office is Open
(Tuesday and Thursday)
10am - 3pm
020 8698 3672
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Pat Barber and Kate Cleevely - firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Tony Early]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday
Sunday 19th June 2022 : Corpus Christi
You can find the Readings from here
We hear in this year of Luke the Gospel account of the feeding of the 5000, the only miracle recorded in all four gospels. It is closely associated with Eucharist in the images it conjures - ‘take, look up to heaven, bless, break, give, eat’.
Jesus responded to the human need for food. He first had the people sit in groups of 50. He did not separate his listeners by gender, class, or wealth. Unsegregated groups were unheard of in Jesus’ day. A giant step forward in the evolution of relationship! Remember 50 people was a community; 5000 was a mob. Just as everyone sat in the groups of 50, each – regardless of what they thought of themselves – and received God’s gift of bread unconditionally. Each of us receives the gift of God’s love in Eucharist. We respond in loving relationship – in acting justly, loving kindly, and walking humbly.
Please take a copy of the Newsletter home with you - please do not leave it in the church. Thank you.
- School Signing In: If you have children of school age who require a parish priest reference for their school application, please note that from Saturday 21st May you will need to complete the signing in sheets that will be available at the school side entrance only, every week after mass.
- Sacrament of Confirmation: Congratulations to our young people who received the sacrament of Confirmation last Sunday. Many thanks to all catechists and the parents of the confirmed
- Many Thanks Dear Bishop Patrick Lynch A reminder that Bishop Pat is due to visit us for the solemnity of The Most Sacred Heart of Jesus on June 24th and celebrate at the 7:00 pm Mass. To thank him for his prayers and support, there will be a special collection envelopes available this weekend. Please return them next week. It will be a personal gift from you to Bishop Pat
- Application Forms – 2022/23: The application forms for First Holy Communion, Confirmation and RCIA for next year, will be available from Monday 23rd May. Please collect the forms you require from Fr Antony after any of the weekday Masses. The deadline to submit your application form will be 25th July. All programmes are due to start in September 2022.
- Money Matters
Second Collection: £98
Mass Offerings (5/6): £559
Thank you all for your kindness and generosity.
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC - Updates
COVID SECURITY GUIDELINES : Following the recent changes(Friday 10 dec) in the regulations from the Government, the parish has issued updated guidelines for continued safe and covid-secure worship in the church.The latest document is Guidances for Churches December 2021
- Please note that the Mass times have been reviewed : See below (Mass Times and Intentions)
All the Masses will be live-streamed: https://holy-cross-stream.click2stream.com
- With respect to the current situation with the omicron variant it is important to ensure the following points are followed in our churches:
That people displaying any symptoms of covid-19 should stay at home and not travel to church or participate in person.
- That there is good ventilation and air throughput in the building; in this case, because of climatic conditions, please do wrap up warmly when coming to the church as we may need to leave doors open.
- The Holy Mass is offered everyday via Livestream
- Diamond Club Magazine is available here