HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
020 8698 3672
Josepha Flahive [secretary]
Lisa O’Hara [volunteer]
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins & Miss Giovanna Finaldi
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Angela Allen]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday.
Sunday 05th July 2020 : 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time
URGENT: COVID-19 Update->ALL PARISH ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED BUT THE CHURCH IS ONLY OPEN FOR INDIVIDUAL /PRIVATE PRAYERS .
You should find all the official documents and decisions regarding the effect of the pandemic COVID-19 on the parish activities.Please do visit this page regurlarly to keep yourself updated.The latest document is Guidelines - Reopening of Churches for the Celebration of Holy Mass
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC
Please use the Mass Streaming to access to HOLY CROSS Church Mass on a daily basis until further notice.
- The Holy Mass is offered every day from 9.00 am – the congregation will join the Mass in spirit. As you can’t participate in the Mass at this time of pandemic, you can still reach out to our Blessed Lord by making a Spiritual Communion in prayer. [Please use the Spiritual Communion prayer given below.].
Spiritual Communion [Prayer of St Alphonsus]
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in this Holy Sacrament of the altar.
I love you above all things and I passionately desire to receive you into my soul.
Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come spiritually into my soul so that I may unite myself wholly to you now and forever. Amen.
- Opening of the Church for Individual Private Prayer
The Government is allowing churches to open for individual prayer from Monday 15th June. We hope to safely open Holy Cross Church for Individual Private Prayer on Sundays, Wednesdays and Friday from 7pm - 8pm, starting from Friday 26th June. The Blessed Sacrament will be exposed whilst the church is open.
Individual prayer within a place of worship is defined as a person or household entering the venue to pray on their own and not as part of a group, led prayer or communal act. They must be socially distanced from other individuals or households. Collective or communal prayer and regular scheduled services are not permitted at this time. This includes any priest or lay person leading devotions or prayer.Please come and pray before the Blessed Sacrament and there will be no communal rosary, group prayers or Benediction.• Kindly Enter via the SIDE door and leave via the MAIN door• Toilets will NOT be available.• Doors will be kept open to reduce the amount of touching on these public surfaces.• Hand sanitising points will be available at the entrance and exit. (VIRAL sanitiser - 70% alcohol- will be available.)• A Cleaning routine at the end of every session will be carried out by the volunteer team.• Surfaces likely to have been touched frequently will be thoroughly cleaned. Volunteers will use face mask, apron, rubber gloves and VIRAL spray.
- Re-opening of the Church to the public for the Celebration of Holy Mass
Good News - We are going to reopen our Holy Cross Church to the public for the celebration of Holy Mass.
When will this be?:From Mon 13th July @7pm.Times of Masses:
- Fr. Anthony 's weekly message is available here: New guidelines for the celebration of Holy Mass at Holy Cross Church from Monday 13th July 2020.NEW
- acebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rcchurchcatford/
- Instgram page: https://www.instagram.com/holycrosscatford/
- Please note: you can firstly request Holy Mass via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text (07367426492) and secondly send the money via the donation scheme by leaving a comment for your intention.
- Diamond Ring Magazine is available for reading and downloading.NEW
- First Holy Communion quiz available inside the Newsletter.NEW