HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
208 Sangley Road, Catford, London SE6 2JS
Fr Antony Megalan Sellam [Parish Priest] – 02086983672
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Parish Office is Open
(Tuesday and Thursday)
10am - 3pm
020 8698 3672
Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate
Holy Cross Bookshop, 020 3441 8240
Holy Cross School
[020 8698 2675]
Miss Mary Collins
St Vincent De Paul [SVP] 07835 188411
Safeguarding Line 07598 524024
Pat Barber and Kate Cleevely - firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Thursday Time TTT
Hartley Hall [Tony Early]
Culverley Road, SE6 2LD
Newsletter matters to be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday
Sunday 17th April 2022 : Easter Sunday
You can find the Readings from here
On this most Sacred Day,
I wish you and your families a joyful and grace-filled Easter
Through our time with our Lord in our personal prayers, penance and the works of charity, we have prepared ourselves to celebrate this feast in a worthy way. Let us rejoice in the Lord always.
- To all priests for hearing Confessions this week
- To Fr Tsehaye for helping us during the Holy Week
- To Ruth Power for painting the Paschal Candle this year.
- To Simon George for supporting us to prepare the newsletter
- To Choir Members, Sacristan, Welcome Ministers, Readers, Altar Servers, Parish Secretaries [Jo Flahive and Lisa O’Hara]
- To Church Care Team for keeping our church clean and hygienic
- To those seven teams who helped us pray the Stations of the Cross
- To our newly formed Adult Altar Servers
- To our newly formed Children Choir Members
- To Luca Finaldi for coordinating the Bidding Prayers Composers’ Team and his team for praying the Morning Prayer of the Church
- To Catherine Sanderson and Joyce Joseph for decorating the church with palms on Palm Sunday
- To Canon Joe and Sister Punitha for leading the Night Prayers of the Church everyday
- To Lisa O’Hara and Nick Wibberley for coordinating the liturgical activities.
Sincere Thanks again-We thank God for giving us this spiritual community through which we cherish the presence and friendship of the Risen Lord!
Please take a copy of the Newsletter home with you - please do not leave it in the church. Thank you.
- Mass Offering: Today’s collection by tradition is your personal gift to the Parish Priest. Many Thanks.
- CHILDREN’S CHOIR AT HOLY CROSS Many congratulations to our newly formed Children’s Choir. They are singing for the first time at the Easter Sunday 9:00am Mass. Many thanks to Rachael & Nick Wibberley and Francisca Dunbar who are responsible for this choir.
- First Holy Communion, Confirmation and RCIA for next year. Applications for are available from this week. Please collect them from Fr Antony
HOLY WEEK DIARY
OUR PARISH RESPONSE TO COVID 19 PANDEMIC - Updates
URGENT: COVID-19 Update-> Holy Cross Church is Open
COVID SECURITY GUIDELINES : Following the recent changes(Friday 10 dec) in the regulations from the Government, the parish has issued updated guidelines for continued safe and covid-secure worship in the church.The latest document is Guidances for Churches December 2021
- Please note that the Mass times have been reviewed : See below (Mass Times and Intentions)
All the Masses will be live-streamed: https://holy-cross-stream.click2stream.com
- With respect to the current situation with the omicron variant it is important to ensure the following points are followed in our churches:
- That people displaying any symptoms of covid-19 should stay at home and not travel to church or participate in person.
- That hand sanitiser is used by everyone attending the Church.
- Concerning face masks, some form of face covering will be required in most public indoor venues, including places of worship. However, exemptions exist for various reasons: legitimate health reasons, as has always been the case.
- That there is good ventilation and air throughput in the building; in this case, because of climatic conditions, please do wrap up warmly when coming to the church as we may need to leave doors open.
- That people who are engaged in a form of pastoral ministry which involves ministry to the housebound, sick, and vulnerable, should take regular lateral flow tests to ensure they are safe to do so. These are free from the NHS.
- The Holy Mass is offered everyday via Livestream
- Diamond Club Magazine is available here